Sriramulu surrenders before court in poll code violation case
Bellary: Former Karnataka minister B Sriramulu, who joined the BJP recently to contest Bellary Lok Sabha seat, on Monday surrendered before a court here which had issued a Non-Bailable Warrant against him in a case relating to poll code violation during Assembly polls last year.
Sriramulu appeared before the Judicial Magistrate First Class and tendered an apology for failing to present himself before it earlier despite notices issued to him.
A case for violating the model code of conduct was filed against him during the May Assembly polls for conducting the campaign beyond the deadline, following which the court had issued notices to Sriramulu.
After Sriramulu`s appearance today, the magistrate Zarina granted bail to him.
Sriramulu, a one-time close associate of mining baron Janardhana Reddy, had first announced merger of BSR Congress with BJP but after party leader Sushma Swaraj publicly opposed it, he joined the saffron party alone.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark