Statue of NSG commando Sandeep Unnikrishnan unveiled
Bangalore: A statue of National Security Guards commando Sandeep Unnikrishnan, killed while fighting terrorists inside Taj Hotel in the November 2008 Mumbai attacks, was unveiled here today by former DGP Shankar Bidari.
The statue is a tribute to Sandeep, who was honoured with the Ashoka Chakra for his bravery.
Sandeep`s father, K Unnikrishnan, a retired ISRO officer, who was present on the occasion, said his family was living an aimless life after their son`s death and haven`t celebrated any festivals for the last four years.
"We are living in our son`s memories. He was everything to us. To me he was more of a friend. Nothing can compensate this loss," he added.
Unnikrishnan said India and Pakistan should work together to counter terrorism.
"Ajmal Kasab`s execution will not hold terrorists back from committing exigencies as they are trained to kill people. My son was trained to save lives," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray