Statue of NSG commando Sandeep Unnikrishnan unveiled
Bangalore: A statue of National Security Guards commando Sandeep Unnikrishnan, killed while fighting terrorists inside Taj Hotel in the November 2008 Mumbai attacks, was unveiled here today by former DGP Shankar Bidari.
The statue is a tribute to Sandeep, who was honoured with the Ashoka Chakra for his bravery.
Sandeep`s father, K Unnikrishnan, a retired ISRO officer, who was present on the occasion, said his family was living an aimless life after their son`s death and haven`t celebrated any festivals for the last four years.
"We are living in our son`s memories. He was everything to us. To me he was more of a friend. Nothing can compensate this loss," he added.
Unnikrishnan said India and Pakistan should work together to counter terrorism.
"Ajmal Kasab`s execution will not hold terrorists back from committing exigencies as they are trained to kill people. My son was trained to save lives," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review