Statue of NSG commando Sandeep Unnikrishnan unveiled
Bangalore: A statue of National Security Guards commando Sandeep Unnikrishnan, killed while fighting terrorists inside Taj Hotel in the November 2008 Mumbai attacks, was unveiled here today by former DGP Shankar Bidari.
The statue is a tribute to Sandeep, who was honoured with the Ashoka Chakra for his bravery.
Sandeep`s father, K Unnikrishnan, a retired ISRO officer, who was present on the occasion, said his family was living an aimless life after their son`s death and haven`t celebrated any festivals for the last four years.
"We are living in our son`s memories. He was everything to us. To me he was more of a friend. Nothing can compensate this loss," he added.
Unnikrishnan said India and Pakistan should work together to counter terrorism.
"Ajmal Kasab`s execution will not hold terrorists back from committing exigencies as they are trained to kill people. My son was trained to save lives," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble