Statue outside church desecrated in Mangalore
Mangalore: A religious statue in front of a
church here was desecrated Friday night, triggering tension in the
Police have detained a man for allegedly damaging the
statue. They claimed that the arrested appeared to be mentally
The statue and some flower pots around it in front of the
St Alphonse Church were damaged when the man allegedly hurled
stones, police said.
The church located in Kankanadi area is visited largely by
Christians belonging to Kerala, police said.
A series of attacks targeting churches were witnessed in
parts of Karnataka during 2008 and the BJP Government had set
up a judicial commission to probe the incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB