Statue outside church desecrated in Mangalore
Mangalore: A religious statue in front of a
church here was desecrated Friday night, triggering tension in the
Police have detained a man for allegedly damaging the
statue. They claimed that the arrested appeared to be mentally
The statue and some flower pots around it in front of the
St Alphonse Church were damaged when the man allegedly hurled
stones, police said.
The church located in Kankanadi area is visited largely by
Christians belonging to Kerala, police said.
A series of attacks targeting churches were witnessed in
parts of Karnataka during 2008 and the BJP Government had set
up a judicial commission to probe the incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon