Statue outside church desecrated in Mangalore
Mangalore: A religious statue in front of a
church here was desecrated Friday night, triggering tension in the
Police have detained a man for allegedly damaging the
statue. They claimed that the arrested appeared to be mentally
The statue and some flower pots around it in front of the
St Alphonse Church were damaged when the man allegedly hurled
stones, police said.
The church located in Kankanadi area is visited largely by
Christians belonging to Kerala, police said.
A series of attacks targeting churches were witnessed in
parts of Karnataka during 2008 and the BJP Government had set
up a judicial commission to probe the incidents.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Vijay Mallya says keen on paying up dues, but Rs 9000 default figure artificially inflated
- Tiananmen activist Lu Jinghua alleges 'India-China economic business deal' behind visa cancellation
- VIDEO: Prepare to laugh - 23 Hilarious Inzamam-ul-Haq run outs!
- DRT likely to rule on Vijay Mallya’s Diageo package today
- Inactivated Polio Vaccine (IPV): A new tool in the fight against polio – Watch to know more about it!