`Steps being taken to keep money flow under check`:
Vellore: Holding that money power was a "serious issue" in poll-bound Karnataka, the Election Commission of India Friday said it was taking all steps to counter this problem.
Chief Election Commissioner V S Sampath told reporters that the issue of money power was a "challenge."
"Money (power) is a serious issue in Karnataka. It is a challenge. Strict action will be taken to keep it under check," Sampath, who is on a private visit here, said.
Single-phase polls to Karnataka Assembly will be held on May 5 with the ruling BJP, Opposition Congress and JD(S) and former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa`s KJP, among others, in the fray.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest