`Steps being taken to keep money flow under check`:
Vellore: Holding that money power was a "serious issue" in poll-bound Karnataka, the Election Commission of India Friday said it was taking all steps to counter this problem.
Chief Election Commissioner V S Sampath told reporters that the issue of money power was a "challenge."
"Money (power) is a serious issue in Karnataka. It is a challenge. Strict action will be taken to keep it under check," Sampath, who is on a private visit here, said.
Single-phase polls to Karnataka Assembly will be held on May 5 with the ruling BJP, Opposition Congress and JD(S) and former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa`s KJP, among others, in the fray.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP