`Steps being taken to keep money flow under check`:
Vellore: Holding that money power was a "serious issue" in poll-bound Karnataka, the Election Commission of India Friday said it was taking all steps to counter this problem.
Chief Election Commissioner V S Sampath told reporters that the issue of money power was a "challenge."
"Money (power) is a serious issue in Karnataka. It is a challenge. Strict action will be taken to keep it under check," Sampath, who is on a private visit here, said.
Single-phase polls to Karnataka Assembly will be held on May 5 with the ruling BJP, Opposition Congress and JD(S) and former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa`s KJP, among others, in the fray.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred