`Steps being taken to keep money flow under check`:
Vellore: Holding that money power was a "serious issue" in poll-bound Karnataka, the Election Commission of India Friday said it was taking all steps to counter this problem.
Chief Election Commissioner V S Sampath told reporters that the issue of money power was a "challenge."
"Money (power) is a serious issue in Karnataka. It is a challenge. Strict action will be taken to keep it under check," Sampath, who is on a private visit here, said.
Single-phase polls to Karnataka Assembly will be held on May 5 with the ruling BJP, Opposition Congress and JD(S) and former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa`s KJP, among others, in the fray.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai