Summons issued to former Karnataka CM, wife and other
Bangalore: The Lokayukta court on Tuesday issued summons to former Karnataka Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda, his wife and another person on a complaint alleging illegal construction on government land and allotment of site to them under discretionary quota when they already possessed land.
Judge N K Sudhindra Rao directed them to appear on October 12.
On September 10, the Lokayukta court had taken cognisance of the private complaint filed under various IPC sections and the Prevention of Corruption Act.
In her complaint, Nagalakshmi had alleged that Gowda`s wife purchased 7.5 guntas (one gunta is about 1,086 sq ft) of `gomala` (place set apart for grazing) land in Bangalore North, Jala Hobli, Bagalur village without proper documents in 2008 and subsequently, constructed a two-floor building over 8,700 sq ft without licence or even getting the land converted.
The complainant said at the time of declaration of assets and liabilities, Gowda, then an MP, "showed the purchase of land but not the illegal building constructed on it".
Even after becoming the chief minister, Gowda did not mention about the building that was constructed on the land.
The complainant submitted that no plan was approved or sanctioned or charges paid or construction norms followed for the illegal construction on the land.
She further pointed out that in 1998 when Gowda was an MLA from Puttur, he was given 10 cents of grant-in-aid land by then Deputy Commissioner, on which he had allegedly illegally constructed another building.
On February 2, 2007, Nagalakshmi alleged Gowda as an MP "got a site allotted in his name by the Bangalore Development Authority under `G` category by giving a false affidavit to the BDA saying, he did not possess any site or land in the state".
The petitioner prayed for a probe under the Prevention of Corruption Act and the IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'