Supporters of Karunakara Reddy stage protest
Bangalore: Supporters of former minister Karunakara Reddy on Saturday staged a protest against BJP central leadership for denying ministerial berths to "loyal" MLAs of the party in the new government led by Jagadish Shettar.
Over a 1,000 supporters of Reddy, brother of mining baron and arrested former minister Janardhana Reddy, gathered in the Freedom Freedom Park here and shouted slogans against BJP central leadership, police said.
Belur Gopalakrishna, MLA from Sagara constituency, and MP Kumaraswamy, representing Moodigere Assembly constituency in Chikmagalur district were also present.
Karunakara was revenue minister in the Yeddyurappa cabinet but was not included in the previous DV Sadananda Ministry.
Speaking to reporters yesterday after holding a meeting with the disgruntled legislators, who were not inducted into the Jagadish Shettar`s Ministry, Reddy had said the services of some senior legislators have been ignored and a few newcomers inducted into the Ministry.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living