Supporters of Karunakara Reddy stage protest
Bangalore: Supporters of former minister Karunakara Reddy on Saturday staged a protest against BJP central leadership for denying ministerial berths to "loyal" MLAs of the party in the new government led by Jagadish Shettar.
Over a 1,000 supporters of Reddy, brother of mining baron and arrested former minister Janardhana Reddy, gathered in the Freedom Freedom Park here and shouted slogans against BJP central leadership, police said.
Belur Gopalakrishna, MLA from Sagara constituency, and MP Kumaraswamy, representing Moodigere Assembly constituency in Chikmagalur district were also present.
Karunakara was revenue minister in the Yeddyurappa cabinet but was not included in the previous DV Sadananda Ministry.
Speaking to reporters yesterday after holding a meeting with the disgruntled legislators, who were not inducted into the Jagadish Shettar`s Ministry, Reddy had said the services of some senior legislators have been ignored and a few newcomers inducted into the Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Govt exploring ways to bring petro products under GST: Pradhan
- Bajaj V sales cross 1-lakh mark within 4 months of launch
- BJP leader Ram Sevak Nishad killed in accident
- Call drops: Telcos commit Rs 20,000 crore for towers, seek new spectrum
- England vs Pakistan 2nd Test, Day 4 at Old Trafford – As it happened..