Supporters of Karunakara Reddy stage protest
Bangalore: Supporters of former minister Karunakara Reddy on Saturday staged a protest against BJP central leadership for denying ministerial berths to "loyal" MLAs of the party in the new government led by Jagadish Shettar.
Over a 1,000 supporters of Reddy, brother of mining baron and arrested former minister Janardhana Reddy, gathered in the Freedom Freedom Park here and shouted slogans against BJP central leadership, police said.
Belur Gopalakrishna, MLA from Sagara constituency, and MP Kumaraswamy, representing Moodigere Assembly constituency in Chikmagalur district were also present.
Karunakara was revenue minister in the Yeddyurappa cabinet but was not included in the previous DV Sadananda Ministry.
Speaking to reporters yesterday after holding a meeting with the disgruntled legislators, who were not inducted into the Jagadish Shettar`s Ministry, Reddy had said the services of some senior legislators have been ignored and a few newcomers inducted into the Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet