Suspected honour killing in Dharwad district
Dharwad (Ktk): Mystery shrouds the death of a 19-year-old woman in Sangameshwar village in Kalghatgi taluk of this district in Karnataka, which the locals suspect it to be a dishonour killing.
According to information gathered by police, the woman was in love with a youth of the same village and planned to marry him shortly, which was opposed by her parents.
She was found dead last night and her parents allegedly burnt the body in the wee hours of today.
District Superintendent of Police Dr Y S Ravikumar told a news agency that woman`s parents refute any role in the death of their daughter. "She was ailing", the parents has stated.
"We have asked them to produce documents in support of their claim", Ravikumar said.
Meanwhile, the woman`s lover, who also belong to the same community, has fled the village fearing for his life.
This was the third such incident after the one reported in Mandya and Mysore.
In Mandya a girl was murdered and in Mysore, a lecturer was killed by her brother as she was in love with a person from another community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie