Suspected honour killing in Dharwad district
Dharwad (Ktk): Mystery shrouds the death of a 19-year-old woman in Sangameshwar village in Kalghatgi taluk of this district in Karnataka, which the locals suspect it to be a dishonour killing.
According to information gathered by police, the woman was in love with a youth of the same village and planned to marry him shortly, which was opposed by her parents.
She was found dead last night and her parents allegedly burnt the body in the wee hours of today.
District Superintendent of Police Dr Y S Ravikumar told a news agency that woman`s parents refute any role in the death of their daughter. "She was ailing", the parents has stated.
"We have asked them to produce documents in support of their claim", Ravikumar said.
Meanwhile, the woman`s lover, who also belong to the same community, has fled the village fearing for his life.
This was the third such incident after the one reported in Mandya and Mysore.
In Mandya a girl was murdered and in Mysore, a lecturer was killed by her brother as she was in love with a person from another community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing