‘Suvarna Soudha’ to be ready by Sept: Katti
Belgaum: Karnataka Agriculture Minister Umesh
Katti today said the state legislature house, "Suvarna
Soudha", in the city will be ready by September this year.
The BJP-ruled government has been desperate to hold
the inaugural session at "Suvarna Soudha" and announced
the schedule for the session at least thrice in the last six
months, but later backed off.
"About 75 per cent of construction work of "Suvarna
Soudha" is complete and balance work is expected to get
completed by September this year," he said on the occasion
of the 65th Independence Day celebrations here.
The project, coming up at Halagabastavadi, is about 15 km
from Belgaum on Bangalore-Pune Highway.
Highlighting the schemes and achievements of BJP
Government under former chief minister B S Yeddyurappa, Katti
said the agriculture department deposited Rs 114.77 crore in
2,80,077 farmers` accounts under Suvarna Bhoomi scheme.
Later speaking to reporters, Katti said as many as 40
talukas of Chitradurga, Belgaum, Dharwad and Bangalore Rural
would be declared drought-affected areas in case rains play
Katti said there was no race between him, Laxman
Savadi and Bhalchandra Jharkiholi for Belgaum district
in-charge minister`s seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India-origin student tops CBSE class 12 result in Singapore
- Trump's San Diego rally draws more than 1,000 chanting protesters
- Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif to undergo open heart surgery; PM Modi wishes speedy recovery
- North Korean leader's aunt runs dry-cleaning store in New York
- North Korea warns South Korea of retaliatory strikes