Talks with reps of 5-star hotels, bars on "immoral activities"
Bangalore: Karnataka Home Minister KJ George on Friday held discussions with representatives of five-star hotels, bars and recreation centres to curb "immoral activities."
The meeting came in the wake of recent media reports on immoral activities in some five-star hotels and bars.
Speaking to reporters, George said the government would consult Chief Minister Siddaramaiah before detailed guidelines were notified.
The government had closed discotheque clubs and bars following media reports about these places being misused for immoral activities, including gambling.
George said the government would not meddle in the affairs of five-star hotels, bars and other related outlets if they adhered to provisions delineated under the law.
"Strict action will be taken if the authorities find any violation in running the such joints," he said.
To ensure that a vibrant city like Bangalore provides decent night life in view of the changing demographics and lifestyle, there was need to come out with certain guidelines, George said.
Among various other demands, there was a demand from five star hotels and bars to permit serving of liquor up to 0100 hours as against 2230 hours at present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what