Talks with reps of 5-star hotels, bars on "immoral activities"
Bangalore: Karnataka Home Minister KJ George on Friday held discussions with representatives of five-star hotels, bars and recreation centres to curb "immoral activities."
The meeting came in the wake of recent media reports on immoral activities in some five-star hotels and bars.
Speaking to reporters, George said the government would consult Chief Minister Siddaramaiah before detailed guidelines were notified.
The government had closed discotheque clubs and bars following media reports about these places being misused for immoral activities, including gambling.
George said the government would not meddle in the affairs of five-star hotels, bars and other related outlets if they adhered to provisions delineated under the law.
"Strict action will be taken if the authorities find any violation in running the such joints," he said.
To ensure that a vibrant city like Bangalore provides decent night life in view of the changing demographics and lifestyle, there was need to come out with certain guidelines, George said.
Among various other demands, there was a demand from five star hotels and bars to permit serving of liquor up to 0100 hours as against 2230 hours at present.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India