Teacher throws girl student onto ground; suspended
Hassan (Karnataka): In a shocking incident, a class IV student of a government school here suffered head injury and loss of memory after her teacher threw her out of the classroom for not doing homework, officials said on Tuesday.
The incident occurred on September 24 when the girl was taken to task for not doing home work given by her teacher Veerabhadrappa.
Veerabhadrappa hit her and then threw her out of the classroom and her head hit the ground, Education Department sources said.
The girl, who suffered from severe shock following head injury could not even narrate the incident to her parents, who came to know about it from her classmates, they said.
The girl was shifted to the National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences in Bangalore, where doctors said she suffered shock due to the punishment.
According to sources, the girl cannot remember any incident barring her name now. She is currently undergoing treatment in Shimoga. She is the daughter of the School Development Committee President, M K Devaraj, who reportedly has certain differences with the teacher.
Condemning the teacher`s action, Minister for Primary and Secondary Education Visweshwara Hegde Kageri said the government will initiate legal action against Veerabhadrappa.
"The teacher concerned has already been suspended three days ago. Despite repeated warnings not to resort to corporal punishment, such things are happening. The government will view this seriously," he told reporters.
He said education department officials have been directed to meet the treatment expenses of the girl, who, doctors said, will recover.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi