Techie arrested in Mysore on attempt to rape charge
Mysore: A software engineer has been arrested
here following a complaint by a French woman that he tried to
rape her, police said on Saturday.
The techie, identified by police as Krishnamurthy serves
in energy utility unit of a leading software firm, had
followed the woman, a student of Mysore University, to her
home yesterday and asked for water, police said.
When she went in, he barged into the house and attempted
to rape her, the sources said.
However, neighbours on hearing her screams for help,
caught the techie and handed him over to the police.
Police said the man hails from Coimbmatore in Tamil Nadu.
The French woman`s husband teaches at the
Jayachamarajendra college of Engineering here, the sources
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'