Techie arrested in Mysore on attempt to rape charge
Mysore: A software engineer has been arrested
here following a complaint by a French woman that he tried to
rape her, police said on Saturday.
The techie, identified by police as Krishnamurthy serves
in energy utility unit of a leading software firm, had
followed the woman, a student of Mysore University, to her
home yesterday and asked for water, police said.
When she went in, he barged into the house and attempted
to rape her, the sources said.
However, neighbours on hearing her screams for help,
caught the techie and handed him over to the police.
Police said the man hails from Coimbmatore in Tamil Nadu.
The French woman`s husband teaches at the
Jayachamarajendra college of Engineering here, the sources
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing