Techie killed after being hit by train in K’taka
Bangalore: A software engineer was run over by a train while crossing the railway track near Whitefield station here, sparking protests by residents who stopped two trains for nearly two hours.
Vipin, a native of Delhi, was trying to cross the track at Kadugodi when the mishap occurred, police said.
The incident sparked protest by nearby residents who raised slogans against Railway authorities for not meeting their long-pending demand for a skywalk at Kadugodi to enable people of the area cross the track.
The protesters stopped the Chennai-Bangalore and Bangalore-Chennai trains for nearly two hours.
The protesters dispersed after Railway authorities assured them of looking into the matter, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice