Techie killed after being hit by train in K’taka
Bangalore: A software engineer was run over by a train while crossing the railway track near Whitefield station here, sparking protests by residents who stopped two trains for nearly two hours.
Vipin, a native of Delhi, was trying to cross the track at Kadugodi when the mishap occurred, police said.
The incident sparked protest by nearby residents who raised slogans against Railway authorities for not meeting their long-pending demand for a skywalk at Kadugodi to enable people of the area cross the track.
The protesters stopped the Chennai-Bangalore and Bangalore-Chennai trains for nearly two hours.
The protesters dispersed after Railway authorities assured them of looking into the matter, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price