Techie stabs wife to death for refusing to be loan co-applicant
Bangalore: Irked over his wife`s refusal to be a co-applicant for a home loan, a Delhi based software engineer flew down here and stabbed her to death after an argument and tried to commit suicide by slashing his veins at Munnekola area, police said.
They said the couple, who got married in 2008, were on the verge of separation. The man had moved to Delhi and found a job there and planned to buy a flat in Whitefield here, for which he wanted his wife to be a co-applicant for a home loan.
On November 12, Siddarth Choudhary flew down from Delhi and tried to persuade wife Ruthi to be a co-applicant, but she refused. A heated argument ensued following which he stabbed her to death and cut his veins with a knife, police said.
The couple`s three-year-old daughter and the woman`s mother were at home during the time, police said.
The lady informed her second daughter, staying in another part of the city, who contacted police. They rushed to the spot and arrested Siddarth after administering him first aid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'