Techie stabs wife to death for refusing to be loan co-applicant
Bangalore: Irked over his wife`s refusal to be a co-applicant for a home loan, a Delhi based software engineer flew down here and stabbed her to death after an argument and tried to commit suicide by slashing his veins at Munnekola area, police said.
They said the couple, who got married in 2008, were on the verge of separation. The man had moved to Delhi and found a job there and planned to buy a flat in Whitefield here, for which he wanted his wife to be a co-applicant for a home loan.
On November 12, Siddarth Choudhary flew down from Delhi and tried to persuade wife Ruthi to be a co-applicant, but she refused. A heated argument ensued following which he stabbed her to death and cut his veins with a knife, police said.
The couple`s three-year-old daughter and the woman`s mother were at home during the time, police said.
The lady informed her second daughter, staying in another part of the city, who contacted police. They rushed to the spot and arrested Siddarth after administering him first aid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!