Techie stabs wife to death for refusing to be loan co-applicant
Bangalore: Irked over his wife`s refusal to be a co-applicant for a home loan, a Delhi based software engineer flew down here and stabbed her to death after an argument and tried to commit suicide by slashing his veins at Munnekola area, police said.
They said the couple, who got married in 2008, were on the verge of separation. The man had moved to Delhi and found a job there and planned to buy a flat in Whitefield here, for which he wanted his wife to be a co-applicant for a home loan.
On November 12, Siddarth Choudhary flew down from Delhi and tried to persuade wife Ruthi to be a co-applicant, but she refused. A heated argument ensued following which he stabbed her to death and cut his veins with a knife, police said.
The couple`s three-year-old daughter and the woman`s mother were at home during the time, police said.
The lady informed her second daughter, staying in another part of the city, who contacted police. They rushed to the spot and arrested Siddarth after administering him first aid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Shabir Choudhry rejects UN Secy Gen's letter to Pak PM as ''unimpressive''
- When MP CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan got 'lift' from cops during visit to flood-hit areas; image goes viral - Pic inside
- Monsoon session of UP assembly from today; GST Bill likely to be ratified
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sachin Tendulkar all set to gift a swanky BMW to PV Sindhu for scripting history
- Four-day Delhi Assembly session to ratify GST Bill starts today