Teenager sets herself on fire in Bangalore
Bangalore: A teenager died of severe burns after she allegedly set herself ablaze for scoring less marks in an exam, police said.
The seventeen-year-old girl allegedly poured kerosene and then set herself on fire, police said.
Her mother was at work in a garment factory when the incident took place.
The victim`s father is a farmer by occupation and resides in Maddur, police said.
She was studying in RNS College located at Vijayanagara, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India