Ten BJP MLAs attend meeting called by BSY
Bangalore: In yet another indication of gradual weakening of the ruling BJP government in Karnataka, ten of its MLAs on Friday attended a meeting called by Karnataka Janata Party (KJP) chief BS Yeddyurappa.
According to reports, the BJP MLAs are attending the meeting that is being held at Yeddyurappa’s Bangalore residence.
BSY, as Yeddyurappa is popularly known, had yesterday threatened to stall presentation of an election budget by the Jagadish Shettar Ministry.
The KJP chief also called the first meeting of its executive committee to finalise `an action plan` to bring down the first BJP government in the south.
"We may not allow this government to present the budget. We will finalise an action plan to bring down the Shettar government at the KJP Executive meeting slated for tomorrow", Yeddyurappa told reporters.
According to sources close to the Chief Minister`s secretariat, Shettar plans to present the 2013-14 election budget on February 8 ahead of the Assembly polls due in May this year.
Yeddyurappa, who quit BJP last month after being upset over his neglect by the party leadership, has been working overtime to ensure that more than 20 MLAs and a few ministers, loyal to him, resign en masse.
He also claimed that his successor and friend-turned foe D V Sadananda Gowda and the incumbent Shettar, again his choice for the chief ministership, pushed Karnataka to 11th place in development in the last one-and-half years, which he said was in the second spot under his leadership.
Yeddyurappa also talked about his plans to enroll about 25 lakh members in his fledgling party.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened