Terror suspects planned to target top BJP leader
Bangalore: The terror suspects arrested by the city police had planned to target a top leader of Karnataka`s ruling BJP with a view to creating political instability in the state, police sources said on Saturday.
"During their interrogation, they disclosed that they were planning to target a top leader of the ruling party", police sources said.
The city crime branch police is interrogating 12 persons arrested on charge of links with terror outfits Lashkar-e-Taiba and HuJI and plotting to target MPs, MLAs and mediapersons.
The sources said the content of a laptop seized from one of the accused were being cracked with the help of cyber crime team and also some other computer experts as the investigating team suspects that it has vital information about the suspects` activities and their terror plans.
"So far, the information revealed is very explosive and points to a larger network", they said.
Apart from the 12 arrested, some others who hail from different parts of Karnataka are being questioned.
The sources said Muti-ur-Rehman Siddque, a reporter among the accused, was sharing information about the movements of politicians and also prominent journalists because of his accessibility (to them).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends