Terror suspects planned to target top BJP leader
Bangalore: The terror suspects arrested by the city police had planned to target a top leader of Karnataka`s ruling BJP with a view to creating political instability in the state, police sources said on Saturday.
"During their interrogation, they disclosed that they were planning to target a top leader of the ruling party", police sources said.
The city crime branch police is interrogating 12 persons arrested on charge of links with terror outfits Lashkar-e-Taiba and HuJI and plotting to target MPs, MLAs and mediapersons.
The sources said the content of a laptop seized from one of the accused were being cracked with the help of cyber crime team and also some other computer experts as the investigating team suspects that it has vital information about the suspects` activities and their terror plans.
"So far, the information revealed is very explosive and points to a larger network", they said.
Apart from the 12 arrested, some others who hail from different parts of Karnataka are being questioned.
The sources said Muti-ur-Rehman Siddque, a reporter among the accused, was sharing information about the movements of politicians and also prominent journalists because of his accessibility (to them).
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- IIT Guwahati student found hanging at hostel room
- Hyundai Motors cars fitted with defective air bags?
- Jayalalithaa seeks PM's intervention for release of 34 fishermen held by Lanka
- Indian Premier League, Match 27: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — As it happened...
- Whoa! 'Main Hoon Na' sequel on cards?