Terror suspects planned to target top BJP leader
Bangalore: The terror suspects arrested by the city police had planned to target a top leader of Karnataka`s ruling BJP with a view to creating political instability in the state, police sources said on Saturday.
"During their interrogation, they disclosed that they were planning to target a top leader of the ruling party", police sources said.
The city crime branch police is interrogating 12 persons arrested on charge of links with terror outfits Lashkar-e-Taiba and HuJI and plotting to target MPs, MLAs and mediapersons.
The sources said the content of a laptop seized from one of the accused were being cracked with the help of cyber crime team and also some other computer experts as the investigating team suspects that it has vital information about the suspects` activities and their terror plans.
"So far, the information revealed is very explosive and points to a larger network", they said.
Apart from the 12 arrested, some others who hail from different parts of Karnataka are being questioned.
The sources said Muti-ur-Rehman Siddque, a reporter among the accused, was sharing information about the movements of politicians and also prominent journalists because of his accessibility (to them).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report