Terror suspects planned to target top BJP leader
Bangalore: The terror suspects arrested by the city police had planned to target a top leader of Karnataka`s ruling BJP with a view to creating political instability in the state, police sources said on Saturday.
"During their interrogation, they disclosed that they were planning to target a top leader of the ruling party", police sources said.
The city crime branch police is interrogating 12 persons arrested on charge of links with terror outfits Lashkar-e-Taiba and HuJI and plotting to target MPs, MLAs and mediapersons.
The sources said the content of a laptop seized from one of the accused were being cracked with the help of cyber crime team and also some other computer experts as the investigating team suspects that it has vital information about the suspects` activities and their terror plans.
"So far, the information revealed is very explosive and points to a larger network", they said.
Apart from the 12 arrested, some others who hail from different parts of Karnataka are being questioned.
The sources said Muti-ur-Rehman Siddque, a reporter among the accused, was sharing information about the movements of politicians and also prominent journalists because of his accessibility (to them).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory