Thackeray`s death: Bandh called in Belgaum on Sunday
Belgaum: Marathi outfits including Maharashtra Ekikaran Samithi (MES), Shiv Sena and Hindu organisations have called for a bandh in the district to mourn the death of Shiv Sena leader Bal Thackeray on Sunday.
Life in Belgaum city, which will normally bustle with tourists from Goa and Maharashtra on Sundays, will wear a deserted look tomorrow with all shops, business establishment deciding to down their shutters and even local transport deciding to remain off roads.
A public condolence meeting was held here today.
Adequate police bandobast has been made in the district to prevent any untoward incidents, Additional Superintendent of Police Ganga Reddy told PTI here
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says