There is a shortage of quality aeronautics engineers: Official
Bangalore: With most engineers going in for
IT and management careers, there is a shortage of quality
aeronautics engineers in the country,a top official said.
"Today we have the capacity to absorb 500 aeronautics
engineers annually for the next five years", Dr Prahlada,
Chief Controller R&D (Aero & Service Interaction) DRDO, told
reporters on the sidelines of a national convention.
Most engineers being churned out are opting for IT
and management careers due to attractive remuneration, he said.
"We are not receiving core aeronautic engineers and have to
do with engineers from other streams", he said.
He also said that matching salary scales to those being
offered in the private sector, was one way of getting these
aeronautical engineers to work for it.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill