There is a shortage of quality aeronautics engineers: Official
Bangalore: With most engineers going in for
IT and management careers, there is a shortage of quality
aeronautics engineers in the country,a top official said.
"Today we have the capacity to absorb 500 aeronautics
engineers annually for the next five years", Dr Prahlada,
Chief Controller R&D (Aero & Service Interaction) DRDO, told
reporters on the sidelines of a national convention.
Most engineers being churned out are opting for IT
and management careers due to attractive remuneration, he said.
"We are not receiving core aeronautic engineers and have to
do with engineers from other streams", he said.
He also said that matching salary scales to those being
offered in the private sector, was one way of getting these
aeronautical engineers to work for it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next