This Valentine, Muthalik`s face blackened
Bangalore: Pramod Muthalik, the controversial
chief of right wing group Srirama Sene whose activists had
attacked some women in a pub, got a taste of his own medicine
on Thursday when his face was blackened by some youths.
The incident happened when Mutalik was getting ready to
participate in a debate on Valentine`s Day in an open air
theatre when some youths barged in, dragged him from the stage
and blackened his face. The youths also tried to assault him.
The event was organised by a private Kannada news channel.
An embarrassed Muthalik fell down in the melee before
police and Srirama Sene activists could rescue him. He is a
fierce opponent of Valentine`s Day festivities which falls on
Police said six youths, who described themselves as
belonging to youth congress, were taken into custody.
An angry Mutalik termed called the attackers as
"This is not correct. I will not spare them. They should
be punished," Mutalik said after the incident.
Police had to resort to a lathicharge to disperse the
crowd that had gathered after the incident.
Sri Ram Sene had gained notoriety when activists of
Mutalik`s outfit attacked women in a pub in Mangalore in 2008
as part of its `moral policing`. Sena had also threatened to
marry off couples during Valentine`s day.
Vasant Kumar, the rattled Bangalore chief of Sri Ram
Sene, said "It is a shame on our democracy. It is not a shame
for Mutalik but for every Indian".
"He has been fighting for India, the youth and Indian
culture for 55 years and this is what he gets", he said.
"We will give a fitting reply in our own way. We won`t
speak, we will show", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal