Three arrested for murdering woman
Bangalore: Police on Monday said they have uncovered the murder of a home alone woman with the arrest of three persons and recovered Rs 80 lakh stolen property from them.
City Police Commissioner Jyoti Prakash Mirji told reporters here that the prime suspect has been identified as Eshwar Naik (23), who had alleged to have committed the murder with the help of two of his associates.
The trio had smothered the 48-year-old woman to death and decamped with valuables valued at Rs 80.
Mirji said, Naik, who was also working as a driver of the private firm in which the woman was employed, was also driving the woman to her office and home.
The culprit hatched a plot to rob the woman, a divorce and living alone and.
A special police team guided by DCP, H S Revanna arrested the culprits recently, Mirji said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16