Three Bangalore students drowned
Mandya: Three students out of four from Bangalore
drowned in Cauvery river near the famous Gaganchukki falls
where they had gone for a sight-seeing trip, 60 km from here in
the early hours on Saturday, police said.
The deceased, identified as Sanjeev (22), Ravikumar (22),
both natives of Sikkim and Jelfu (21) from Manipur, were
pursuing their Masters in Business Administration from
Dayanand Sagar college, police said.
The fourth member of the group who survived the tragedy,
Ronajith,who is also from Sikkim,is said to be absconding,
The mishap occurred when one of them went for a swim in
the river and was a caught in whirlpool and the others
tried to save him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family