Three cases against Yeddyurappa, kin adjourned to Jan 24
Bangalore: The Lokayukta court on Saturday adjourned to January 24 next year three cases against former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa and some of his family members over alleged irregularities in awarding contracts for an irrigation project and denotification of lands.
Besides Yeddyurappa, his son BY Vijendra, son-in-law Sohan Kumar and other accused appeared in court, but his other son Raghavendra, a Lok Sabha member, was absent.
In the Upper Bhadra Irrigation project, the High Court had granted anticipatory bail to Yeddyurappa`s two sons and Sohan Kumar. In the first land denotification case, all were given anticipatory bail and in the third, Yeddyurappa and Raghavendra were granted relief.
Judge NK Sudhindra Rao adjourned all cases to Jan 24 after accepting copies of the High Court orders.
In the irrigation case, JDS spokesperson YSV Dutta had filed a complaint alleging that Yeddyurappa had received Rs 16 crore kickback to award the second stage to RNS Infrastructure Limited and Jyothi Limited though the joint venture firm was the highest bidder.
The court had on Nov 28 granted anticipatory bail to Yeddyurappa`s two sons and son-in-law.
On May 26, the Lokayukta Court had rejected the Lokayukta police report and directed it to probe charges against Yeddyurappa, Dhavalagiri Properties, a firm in which his two sons and son-in-law are proprietors), Sahyadri Healthcare and Murdeshwar Enterprises and submit its report.
On Sept 21, it ordered issuance of notice to Dutta and Lokayuta police on a criminal petition by Yeddyurappa and Dhavalagiri Properties, seeking quashing of the Sept 4 order on summoning Yeddyurappa and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan