Three more complaints filed against K’taka CM
Bangalore: Three more complaints were on Monday filed against Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa and others in connection with alleged land scam cases even as the BJP is mulling a strategy to deal with the political situation arising out of the Governor`s sanction to prosecute him.
The complaints filed by Advocate Sirajin Basha relate to the alleged illegal transfer of land, abuse of power, criminal conspiracy, cheating and securing of illegal gain for the kith and kin of the chief minister and those associated with him.
The chief minister has been named as common accused in all the three complaints filed in the 23rd Additional City and Civil Sessions court and the two complaints filed yesterday.
The chief minister`s son, in-laws, and companies that allegedly benefitted from the land deals were named as accused in the complaints.
As per the complaints, Yeddyurappa and others had allegedly secured monetary gain of over Rs 189 crore and caused a loss to the exchequer to the tune of over Rs 465 crore.
Sirajin Basha is one of the two advocates on whose petitions Governor HR Bhardwaj gave the sanction for prosecution proceedings against Yeddyurappa.
BJP had dubbed the sanction as constitutionally "improper" and "politically motivated".
Yeddyurappa had met senior leaders LK Advani and Arun Jaitley in Delhi yesterday to chalk out a strategy to deal with the political situation arising out of the Governor`s sanction to prosecute him for his alleged involvement in land
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state