Three more complaints filed against K’taka CM
Bangalore: Three more complaints were on Monday filed against Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa and others in connection with alleged land scam cases even as the BJP is mulling a strategy to deal with the political situation arising out of the Governor`s sanction to prosecute him.
The complaints filed by Advocate Sirajin Basha relate to the alleged illegal transfer of land, abuse of power, criminal conspiracy, cheating and securing of illegal gain for the kith and kin of the chief minister and those associated with him.
The chief minister has been named as common accused in all the three complaints filed in the 23rd Additional City and Civil Sessions court and the two complaints filed yesterday.
The chief minister`s son, in-laws, and companies that allegedly benefitted from the land deals were named as accused in the complaints.
As per the complaints, Yeddyurappa and others had allegedly secured monetary gain of over Rs 189 crore and caused a loss to the exchequer to the tune of over Rs 465 crore.
Sirajin Basha is one of the two advocates on whose petitions Governor HR Bhardwaj gave the sanction for prosecution proceedings against Yeddyurappa.
BJP had dubbed the sanction as constitutionally "improper" and "politically motivated".
Yeddyurappa had met senior leaders LK Advani and Arun Jaitley in Delhi yesterday to chalk out a strategy to deal with the political situation arising out of the Governor`s sanction to prosecute him for his alleged involvement in land
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark