Three more complaints filed against K’taka CM
Bangalore: Three more complaints were on Monday filed against Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa and others in connection with alleged land scam cases even as the BJP is mulling a strategy to deal with the political situation arising out of the Governor`s sanction to prosecute him.
The complaints filed by Advocate Sirajin Basha relate to the alleged illegal transfer of land, abuse of power, criminal conspiracy, cheating and securing of illegal gain for the kith and kin of the chief minister and those associated with him.
The chief minister has been named as common accused in all the three complaints filed in the 23rd Additional City and Civil Sessions court and the two complaints filed yesterday.
The chief minister`s son, in-laws, and companies that allegedly benefitted from the land deals were named as accused in the complaints.
As per the complaints, Yeddyurappa and others had allegedly secured monetary gain of over Rs 189 crore and caused a loss to the exchequer to the tune of over Rs 465 crore.
Sirajin Basha is one of the two advocates on whose petitions Governor HR Bhardwaj gave the sanction for prosecution proceedings against Yeddyurappa.
BJP had dubbed the sanction as constitutionally "improper" and "politically motivated".
Yeddyurappa had met senior leaders LK Advani and Arun Jaitley in Delhi yesterday to chalk out a strategy to deal with the political situation arising out of the Governor`s sanction to prosecute him for his alleged involvement in land
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know