Three more MLAs quit BJP in Karnataka
Bangalore: In continuing desertions from the ruling BJP in poll-bound Karnataka, three more MLAs on Thursday quit it eyeing to join other parties.
Two of them -- Madal Virupakshappa and S V Ramachandra -- are set to be candidates of the B S Yeddyurappa`s Karnataka Janatha Paksha (KJP) while Raju Gouda alias Narasimha Naik is in touch with the JDS, sources said.
Gouda had resigned from the ministership recently amid indications that he would join the Congress. It now appears that he has apparently failed to get a Congress ticket.
Meanwhile, the BJP is to organise a rally here on April 8 which would be attended by the party President Rajnath Singh, Leaders of Opposition in Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley respectively, officially launching its campaigning for the May 5 elections.
BJP sources said the party would finalise tomorrow at least 140 candidates of the total 224 Assembly seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India