Three more MLAs quit BJP in Karnataka
Bangalore: In continuing desertions from the ruling BJP in poll-bound Karnataka, three more MLAs on Thursday quit it eyeing to join other parties.
Two of them -- Madal Virupakshappa and S V Ramachandra -- are set to be candidates of the B S Yeddyurappa`s Karnataka Janatha Paksha (KJP) while Raju Gouda alias Narasimha Naik is in touch with the JDS, sources said.
Gouda had resigned from the ministership recently amid indications that he would join the Congress. It now appears that he has apparently failed to get a Congress ticket.
Meanwhile, the BJP is to organise a rally here on April 8 which would be attended by the party President Rajnath Singh, Leaders of Opposition in Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley respectively, officially launching its campaigning for the May 5 elections.
BJP sources said the party would finalise tomorrow at least 140 candidates of the total 224 Assembly seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!