Three of the six recalled witnesses re-examined in Jaya trial
The witnesses who deposed before the court were:
Shiva, a broker, Jayaraman, a housekeeper in Jayalalithaa`s
residence and Jawahar, who was the Deputy Secretary during her
reign as the Chief Minister.
All the three witnesses, as in the case of earlier
witnesses who have been re-examined, resiled from their
statements made during the cross-examination and maintained
that the statements made by them during the chief examination
(first examination) were correct.
Out of the remaining witnesses, two -- Amanullah
Marakayar and Kadresan -- were dispensed with. Defence counsel
Navaneetha Krishnan objected to the other witness Swarnam
being re-examined as his name was not in the recalled list.
After the re-examination of witnesses, Special Judge B
M Mallikarjunaiah directed the defence counsel to point out
the "defects and mistakes in the translated evidences one last
time" and posted the trial to January 27.
Earlier Special Public Prosecutor B V Acharya filed
two memo -- one for dispensing with the two witnesses and
another for closing the prosecution.
The case against Jayalalithaa which was heard by a
Chennai court had been transfered to Bangalore by the Supreme
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray