Three police teams set up to nab attackers of mine owners
Bellary: Three police teams were on Tuesday
formed to arrest the gang that attacked three private mine
owners, on whose plea the Supreme Court recently stayed mining
operations of a company owned by the Reddy brothers in Andhra
Northern Range IGP, Satyanarayana Rao visited the
restaurant, where three proprietors of TNR Mines company, who
have been waging a legal battle against the alleged illegal
mining by Obulapuram Mining Company owned by Karnataka
Minister G Janardhana Reddy and his associates, were attacked
by the gang here yesterday.
Rao said the three teams had been set up to track down
the eight-member gang, who came by a car and assaulted Tappal
Ganesh and his two brothers, while they were waiting to meet
the SC-appointed Survey of India team that has been
undertaking survey of mining areas to determine whether
boundary posts had been altered and illegal mining was being
A few journalists were also injured in the attack.
Rao later visited the residence of Ganesh and recorded
his statement besides that of his family members.
A case in this connection had been registered at the
Gandhinagar police station, he said.
Janardhana Reddy and his brother Revenue Minister G
Karunakara Reddy have denied any role in the attack and
alleged it was a conspiracy by the opposition parties apart
from Ganesh to bring disrepute to them.
While Congress has condemned the attack, JDS demanded the
dismissal of B S Yeddyurappa government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS