Two devotees of Nityananda file complaints against former aide
Bangalore: Two women devotees of self-styled
godman Nityananda, including South Indian film actress
Ranjita, have filed separate complaints against former
disciple Lenin Karuppan accusing him of attempted rape,
extortion and other charges.
Ranjita, who was in the thick of a controversy following
airing of an alleged sleaze video involving her and
Nityananda, filed a criminal complaint in a Ramanagara court
against Lenin who blew the lid off the scandal.
The other devotee, Ma Nithya Supriyananda has filed a
complaint of attempted rape, threat to life and verbal abuse
of her community (scheduled caste) at Bidadi police station.
Ranjita in her complaint, copies of which were furnished
to reporters during her first appearance before the media
after the incident, has charged Lenin with attempt to rape,
extortion and acts intended to insult the modesty of women
among other things.
Ranjita cited various instances when Lenin made sexual
advances towards her and when she threatened to complain
against him to Nityananda, he "displayed few poorly shot
videos of his molestation of two women Brahmacharis on his
laptop" and warned that she would see her own photos in such
videos if she dared to complain.
Unable to stay in the Dhyanapeetham because of the
sexual harassment, she returned to Chennai, she said.
On February 2, while she was in Kerala for a film shoot,
she received a call from an ashram resident that a lawyer by
name R Shridhar, an accomplice of Lenin, had met him in Salem
and had followed him to Ramanagara where he displayed certain
photographs of Nityananda said to be in a compromising
position with her, she said.
He had sought payment of Rs 20 crore for not releasing
the photographs to the media, she said.
Alleging that the purported video was "expertly crafted
to give no indication about its morphing", Ranjita said it was
her "loss of confidence in police due to the manner in which
they had conducted the investigation" that she was taking
legal recourse, hoping to get justice.
Supriyananda termed the response of the police at the
Bidadi police station as "biased and unfair".
"They have treated my complaint as a petition and not as
an FIR, you tell me where will I get justice," she said.
Meanwhile, the Bidadi police suspect it to be "false
complaint" and said inquiry into the complaint was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!