Two Dy CMs will aid better admin, says Eshwarappa
Chitradurga: The appointment of two Deputy Chief Ministers in Karnataka will only facilitate in providing better administration and not burden the exchequer as charged by the Opposition, State Deputy Chief Minister K S Eshwarappa on Sunday asserted.
His remark comes in the wake of recent criticism by the Congress and JD(S) about the creation of two such posts in the new BJP government led by Jagadish Shettar.
Reacting to the allegations of the Opposition that creation of two such posts was against the Constitution, Eshwarappa said such an appointment was not against the Constitution.
Eshwarappa, also BJP state unit President, said he had brought to the central leadership`s notice the "anti-party activities" of legislator and KMF president G Somashekara Reddy, elder brother of arrested mining baron and former minister G Janardhana Reddy.
He was responding to reporters` queries on the sidelines of a function here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read