Two Dy CMs will aid better admin, says Eshwarappa
Chitradurga: The appointment of two Deputy Chief Ministers in Karnataka will only facilitate in providing better administration and not burden the exchequer as charged by the Opposition, State Deputy Chief Minister K S Eshwarappa on Sunday asserted.
His remark comes in the wake of recent criticism by the Congress and JD(S) about the creation of two such posts in the new BJP government led by Jagadish Shettar.
Reacting to the allegations of the Opposition that creation of two such posts was against the Constitution, Eshwarappa said such an appointment was not against the Constitution.
Eshwarappa, also BJP state unit President, said he had brought to the central leadership`s notice the "anti-party activities" of legislator and KMF president G Somashekara Reddy, elder brother of arrested mining baron and former minister G Janardhana Reddy.
He was responding to reporters` queries on the sidelines of a function here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"