Two ministers quit Karnataka BJP ministry
Bangalore: Two ministers on Thursday quit the Karnataka BJP ministry and were set to resign from the Assembly and the party too.
The two are Forest Minister CP Yogeshwar and Small Industries Minister Narasimha Nayak, who is also known as Raju Gowda.
Gowda told reporters here that they have submitted their resignation to Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar.
They would later meet Speaker KG Bopaiah to submit the resignation from the assembly, he said.
The resignations come ahead of local body elections in March and assembly elections due in May.
The two ministers are said to be keen to join the Congress party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him