Two ministers quit Karnataka BJP ministry
Bangalore: Two ministers on Thursday quit the Karnataka BJP ministry and were set to resign from the Assembly and the party too.
The two are Forest Minister CP Yogeshwar and Small Industries Minister Narasimha Nayak, who is also known as Raju Gowda.
Gowda told reporters here that they have submitted their resignation to Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar.
They would later meet Speaker KG Bopaiah to submit the resignation from the assembly, he said.
The resignations come ahead of local body elections in March and assembly elections due in May.
The two ministers are said to be keen to join the Congress party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj