Two ministers quit Karnataka BJP ministry
Bangalore: Two ministers on Thursday quit the Karnataka BJP ministry and were set to resign from the Assembly and the party too.
The two are Forest Minister CP Yogeshwar and Small Industries Minister Narasimha Nayak, who is also known as Raju Gowda.
Gowda told reporters here that they have submitted their resignation to Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar.
They would later meet Speaker KG Bopaiah to submit the resignation from the assembly, he said.
The resignations come ahead of local body elections in March and assembly elections due in May.
The two ministers are said to be keen to join the Congress party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof