Two ministers quit Karnataka BJP ministry
Bangalore: Two ministers on Thursday quit the Karnataka BJP ministry and were set to resign from the Assembly and the party too.
The two are Forest Minister CP Yogeshwar and Small Industries Minister Narasimha Nayak, who is also known as Raju Gowda.
Gowda told reporters here that they have submitted their resignation to Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar.
They would later meet Speaker KG Bopaiah to submit the resignation from the assembly, he said.
The resignations come ahead of local body elections in March and assembly elections due in May.
The two ministers are said to be keen to join the Congress party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack