Two private complaints filed against 2 legislators
Bangalore: Two private complaints were filed against two Karnataka legislators before the Lokayukta court here on Tuesday, including one alleging amassing of wealth to the tune of Rs 300 crore, disproportionate to their known sources of income.
A private complaint was filed by social activist Dinesh
against BJP MLA of Rajarajeshwarinagar assembly constituency,
M Srinivas charging him and his family members with amassing
wealth disproportionate to their known sources of income.
Dinesh alleged that Srinivas while filing his nominations
had declared his assets to be much less and that the value of
his assets as on date is over Rs 300 crore.
Apart from Srinivas, others named are his wife Ratnamma,
his corporator son Venkatesh babu and his daughter-in-law.
Another complaint was filed against JDS MLC E Krishnappa
by one Raghu, an engineer with Bangalore Electric Supply
company, charging him with allegedly getting 29.3 guntas of
land in Bangalore North Taluk denotified for "pecuniary gain"
in 2009 when JDS leader H D Kumaraswamy was Chief Minister.
Besides Krishnappa, the four others named are K N Prakash,
Muniraju, Premnath Reddy and Vijay Kumar.
Lokayukta court judge N K Sudhindra Rao has posted both
cases to tomorrow for further hearing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!