Unfortunate that Yeddyurappa has quit BJP: Shettar
Davangere (Kar): Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Friday termed as "unfortunate" B S Yeddyurappa quitting BJP.
"It is unfortunate that former Chief Minister Yeddyurappa has quit BJP and floated his own party. I wish Yeddyurappa good luck in his new endeavour," he said.
Yeddyurappa had faxed a letter to BJP President Nitin Gadkari, quitting the primary membership of the party and later met Speaker K G Bopaiah and submitted his resignation from the Assembly seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez