Unhappy Congress MLAs put pressure for ministerial berths
Bangalore: Amid brewing discontent over denial of ministerial berths in the recent cabinet expansion, a section of ruling Congress legislators on Sunday mounted pressure for their inclusion.
The MLAs met Congress General Secretary and state in-charge Digvijay Singh, who was in the city ahead of the party`s coordination committee meeting here tomorrow, and conveyed their grievances to him.
"I met Digvijay Singh today. I told him I`m the senior most MLA. After listening to me patiently, he told me I was a deserving candidate," Ranebennur MLA K B Koliwad told.
"He (Singh) assured me he will do something for me; I told him but for minister`s post,I will not accept anything else. I`m sure that before (Lok Sabha) elections, there will be another cabinet expansion and I will be accommodated in that," he said.
Shedding his reported reluctance, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah had on Wednesday inducted "tainted" D K Shivakumar and Roshan Baig into his nearly eight-month old Ministry, apparently bowing to Congress high command.
The expansion, the third since Siddaramaiah took over as Chief Minister on May 13 last year, has caused discontent among several ministerial aspirants, who have openly given vent to their feelings.
Another senior party leader and Afzalpur MLA Malikayya Guttedar said, "..If party has to win upcoming Lok Sabha polls, they will have to correct wherever there are lapses."
"They should have considered people who have become legislators five to six times - like me, Koliwad, Malka Reddy - who are seniors. Though our names were in the list of probables for the ministry, it was dropped due to some reasons," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Captured: Witness 70 tiger sharks ripping apart a dead whale! - Watch video
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 56: Delhi Daredevils vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — As it happened...
- Revealed! Alia Bhatt to essay the role of a rape victim in 'Udta Punjab'
- This Gurudwara in Iran is a must-visit for Indians, PM Modi too visited on Sunday
- Check out: 7 ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL things to do in Kovalam beach, Kerala!