Unique Identification numbers to 90 lakh people
Bangalore: As many 90 lakh people have been
issued Unique Identification numbers under the Aadhar project
so far, Chairman of Unique Identification Authority of India
(UID) Nandan M Nilekani said on Monday.
"We are very happy with the progress", Nilekani said,
disagreeing that the roll-out had been below expectations.
He said nine million unique identification numbers have
already been generated.
"Now, we have to scale it up. Scaling up is going on", said
the former co-Chairman of Infosys.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know