Unique Identification numbers to 90 lakh people
Bangalore: As many 90 lakh people have been
issued Unique Identification numbers under the Aadhar project
so far, Chairman of Unique Identification Authority of India
(UID) Nandan M Nilekani said on Monday.
"We are very happy with the progress", Nilekani said,
disagreeing that the roll-out had been below expectations.
He said nine million unique identification numbers have
already been generated.
"Now, we have to scale it up. Scaling up is going on", said
the former co-Chairman of Infosys.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah