Unique Identification numbers to 90 lakh people
Bangalore: As many 90 lakh people have been
issued Unique Identification numbers under the Aadhar project
so far, Chairman of Unique Identification Authority of India
(UID) Nandan M Nilekani said on Monday.
"We are very happy with the progress", Nilekani said,
disagreeing that the roll-out had been below expectations.
He said nine million unique identification numbers have
already been generated.
"Now, we have to scale it up. Scaling up is going on", said
the former co-Chairman of Infosys.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Fire at police station near Chennai's Marina Beach; police disperse protesters