Unique Identification numbers to 90 lakh people
Bangalore: As many 90 lakh people have been
issued Unique Identification numbers under the Aadhar project
so far, Chairman of Unique Identification Authority of India
(UID) Nandan M Nilekani said on Monday.
"We are very happy with the progress", Nilekani said,
disagreeing that the roll-out had been below expectations.
He said nine million unique identification numbers have
already been generated.
"Now, we have to scale it up. Scaling up is going on", said
the former co-Chairman of Infosys.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance