Unique Identification numbers to 90 lakh people
Bangalore: As many 90 lakh people have been
issued Unique Identification numbers under the Aadhar project
so far, Chairman of Unique Identification Authority of India
(UID) Nandan M Nilekani said on Monday.
"We are very happy with the progress", Nilekani said,
disagreeing that the roll-out had been below expectations.
He said nine million unique identification numbers have
already been generated.
"Now, we have to scale it up. Scaling up is going on", said
the former co-Chairman of Infosys.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you