Unseasonal rains, lightning claims 17 lives in Karnataka
Bangalore: As many as 17 people died in lightning strikes and unseasonal summer rain-related incidents in Karnataka in the last four days, officials said on Friday.
While lightning claimed 14 lives in nine districts, house collapses triggered by heavy rains left three persons dead, revenue officials said here.
Yesterday alone, seven persons were killed in lightning in different places, they said here.
Hassan district accounted for maximum of three deaths due to lightning strikes followed by Shimoga, Chamarajanagar and Haveri (two each) and Ramanagara, Bellary, Bagalkot, Dharwad and Gadag one each.
House collapses killed two persons in Ramanagara and one in Udupi, the officials said.
In Yembhatahalli in Bijapur district, about 35 houses were damaged in the heavy rains, but no casualties were reported, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey