Unseasonal rains, lightning claims 17 lives in Karnataka
Bangalore: As many as 17 people died in lightning strikes and unseasonal summer rain-related incidents in Karnataka in the last four days, officials said on Friday.
While lightning claimed 14 lives in nine districts, house collapses triggered by heavy rains left three persons dead, revenue officials said here.
Yesterday alone, seven persons were killed in lightning in different places, they said here.
Hassan district accounted for maximum of three deaths due to lightning strikes followed by Shimoga, Chamarajanagar and Haveri (two each) and Ramanagara, Bellary, Bagalkot, Dharwad and Gadag one each.
House collapses killed two persons in Ramanagara and one in Udupi, the officials said.
In Yembhatahalli in Bijapur district, about 35 houses were damaged in the heavy rains, but no casualties were reported, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- People forget celebrities are also human beings: Jacqueline Fernandez
- Bitter boxer Manoj Kumar appeals for PM's intervention to clear Indian boxing mess
- Finance Ministry recommends CBI probe into 80 kg of missing gold from IGI Airport
- Hotel rooms are so mainstream! Rent a vacation home this time
- Sporting Lisbon's Joao Mario completes record EUR 45-million move to Inter Milan