Unseasonal rains, lightning claims 17 lives in Karnataka
Bangalore: As many as 17 people died in lightning strikes and unseasonal summer rain-related incidents in Karnataka in the last four days, officials said on Friday.
While lightning claimed 14 lives in nine districts, house collapses triggered by heavy rains left three persons dead, revenue officials said here.
Yesterday alone, seven persons were killed in lightning in different places, they said here.
Hassan district accounted for maximum of three deaths due to lightning strikes followed by Shimoga, Chamarajanagar and Haveri (two each) and Ramanagara, Bellary, Bagalkot, Dharwad and Gadag one each.
House collapses killed two persons in Ramanagara and one in Udupi, the officials said.
In Yembhatahalli in Bijapur district, about 35 houses were damaged in the heavy rains, but no casualties were reported, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery