Upper Bhadra scam: Final report submitted
Bangalore: The Lokayukta police on Saturday submitted its final report on the Upper Bhadra scam involving former Karnataka chief minister BS Yeddyurappa.
Special Lokayukta Court Judge NK Sudhindra Rao had, on October 26, granted one month time to Lokayukta police to submit its final report in Upper Bhadra scam filed against Yeddyurappa.
Following the submission of the final report, the court adjourned the hearing in the case to December 19.
Yeddyurappa is alleged to have received a Rs 13 crore kickback for awarding the second stage Upper Bhadra Irrigation project to a private firm, which was the highest bidder.
JDS spokesperson YSV Datta in his complaint had alleged that RNS Jyoti firm was the highest bidder for the project, quoting the cost at Rs 1,033 crore, and Yeddyurappa had awarded the contract to it, ignoring the claims of the lowest
The complaint alleged that as a quid pro quo, RNS Jyoti firm transferred Rs 13 crore to Davalagiri Developers and Sahyadri Healthcare, owned and managed by Yeddyurappa`s sons and son-in-law and Yeddyurappa was accused of abusing his
power as chief minister.
Yeddyurappa, however, has secured anticipatory bail from the High Court in the Upper Bhadra case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city