Upper Bhadra scam: Final report submitted
Bangalore: The Lokayukta police on Saturday submitted its final report on the Upper Bhadra scam involving former Karnataka chief minister BS Yeddyurappa.
Special Lokayukta Court Judge NK Sudhindra Rao had, on October 26, granted one month time to Lokayukta police to submit its final report in Upper Bhadra scam filed against Yeddyurappa.
Following the submission of the final report, the court adjourned the hearing in the case to December 19.
Yeddyurappa is alleged to have received a Rs 13 crore kickback for awarding the second stage Upper Bhadra Irrigation project to a private firm, which was the highest bidder.
JDS spokesperson YSV Datta in his complaint had alleged that RNS Jyoti firm was the highest bidder for the project, quoting the cost at Rs 1,033 crore, and Yeddyurappa had awarded the contract to it, ignoring the claims of the lowest
The complaint alleged that as a quid pro quo, RNS Jyoti firm transferred Rs 13 crore to Davalagiri Developers and Sahyadri Healthcare, owned and managed by Yeddyurappa`s sons and son-in-law and Yeddyurappa was accused of abusing his
power as chief minister.
Yeddyurappa, however, has secured anticipatory bail from the High Court in the Upper Bhadra case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Have every right to intervene if no Syrian Kurd withdrawal: Turkey
- Not given chance to explore my acting abilities: Shamita Shetty
- Sakshi Malik expresses desire to meet Virender Sehwag – Read Viru's HILARIOUS reply
- Airtel upgrades over 9,000 network sites under Open Network
- Thrilled to be a grandfather: Boman Irani