Veerappa Moily flays BJP govt in Karnataka
Gulbarga: Corporate Affairs Minister M Veerappa Moily on Saturday flayed the BJP government in Karnataka for its "failure" to govern and accused it of showing apathy
towards the sufferings of people in drought-hit areas.
Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda and his predecessor
BS Yeddyurappa are engaged in a power struggle and have
ignored the sufferings of people in drought-hit areas in the
process, he alleged at a press conference here.
"The state government has not initiated relief works even
after declaring 123 taluks out of 176 as drought hit," he
Replying to a query, he ruled out replacing KPCC president
He said the Congress has chalked out various programmes
to strengthen the party and to prepare it for the Assembly
elections next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore