Vehicles parked on TN border due to Karnataka bandh
Erode (TN): Hundreds of cars, vans and lorries were found parked on Tamil Nadu border areas due to the bandh in Karnataka, officials here said.
No vehicle from Tamil Nadu entered Karnataka border due to the bandh, officials said.
Vehicular traffic to Chamrajnagar in Karnataka has already been affected for the past five days due to the Cauvery-related protests.
Some vehicles, including vans and lorries, were operated to Mysore via deviated routes.
The Lorry Transporters have stopped booking of goods from Erode to Mysore, Bangalore and other places.
Huge crowd was seen in Kurla Express train as many passengers proceeding to Bangalore boarded it.
Lorry owners said due to the unrest on Cauvery issue they had incurred huge loss and hoped they could be allowed to operate vehicles from Monday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar