Verdict reserved on plea by Cong MLA seeking quashing of case
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Tuesday reserved its verdict on the criminal petition filed by Congress MLA Baburao Chinchansur seeking quashing of the disproportionate assets case against him in Lokayukta Court.
Justice K N Keshavanarayana reserved his judgement after completion of arguments on both sides.
On January 4, Lokayukta sleuths conducted raids at eight places belonging to Chinchansur in connection with the case. Searches were held in two places each in Gulbarga, Chitapur, Humnabad and Bangalore, a Lokayukta release said.
During searches documents concerning various properties were seized.
Authorities said they were perusing 12 bank accounts and estimating value of some of the properties found.
Shantappa had filed a private complaint against Chinchansur, MLA from Gurumitkal constituency, accusing him of amassing Rs 12.92 crore worth of assets disproportionate to his known sources of income, on which the Lokayukta court had ordered probe in November last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam