Verdict reserved on plea by Cong MLA seeking quashing of case
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Tuesday reserved its verdict on the criminal petition filed by Congress MLA Baburao Chinchansur seeking quashing of the disproportionate assets case against him in Lokayukta Court.
Justice K N Keshavanarayana reserved his judgement after completion of arguments on both sides.
On January 4, Lokayukta sleuths conducted raids at eight places belonging to Chinchansur in connection with the case. Searches were held in two places each in Gulbarga, Chitapur, Humnabad and Bangalore, a Lokayukta release said.
During searches documents concerning various properties were seized.
Authorities said they were perusing 12 bank accounts and estimating value of some of the properties found.
Shantappa had filed a private complaint against Chinchansur, MLA from Gurumitkal constituency, accusing him of amassing Rs 12.92 crore worth of assets disproportionate to his known sources of income, on which the Lokayukta court had ordered probe in November last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list