Verdict reserved on plea by Cong MLA seeking quashing of case
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Tuesday reserved its verdict on the criminal petition filed by Congress MLA Baburao Chinchansur seeking quashing of the disproportionate assets case against him in Lokayukta Court.
Justice K N Keshavanarayana reserved his judgement after completion of arguments on both sides.
On January 4, Lokayukta sleuths conducted raids at eight places belonging to Chinchansur in connection with the case. Searches were held in two places each in Gulbarga, Chitapur, Humnabad and Bangalore, a Lokayukta release said.
During searches documents concerning various properties were seized.
Authorities said they were perusing 12 bank accounts and estimating value of some of the properties found.
Shantappa had filed a private complaint against Chinchansur, MLA from Gurumitkal constituency, accusing him of amassing Rs 12.92 crore worth of assets disproportionate to his known sources of income, on which the Lokayukta court had ordered probe in November last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city