Vigil stepped up after terror threat to ISRO, HAL
Bangalore: Police stepped up vigil across Bangalore on Thursday after copies of letters threatening terror attack were found at vital installations, including ISRO facility and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited.
"We have stepped up vigil and conducted checks at vital facilities including ISRO," Bangalore Additional Police Commissioner (Law and Order) Kamal Pant said.
Pant said there has been no Intelligence from either state or central agencies on the possible terror attack, which has been mentioned in the letters.
The letters written in Urdu and English speaks of bloodshed to be carried out at ISRO, National Aeronautics Limited, HAL and other private and public facilities, Pant said.
Home Minister K J George said, "We have taken note of this. It is a very serious issue and we will get to the root of the letters."
- Assembly polls 2016: Arch political rivals PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi soon to hit Kerala
- Several radical mosques under surveillance: German intelligence head
- NEET exemption row: Supreme Court to hear fresh plea regarding MBBS, BDS entrance test today
- Prisoners revolt in Syria's Hama jail, seize guards - Syrian Observatory
- Spain misses deadline for new government, June election set