Vigilant eyes to monitor Ganesha festivities in Bangalore
Bangalore: With the Ganesha festivities beginning on Monday, the city police have heightened security in and around the city.
In complete preparations for preventing untoward incidents triggered by possible terror elements in Bangalore, city police commissioner Raghavendra Auradkar said that about 900 civil policemen, along with 100 home guards and 62 platoons of state reserve and city armed reserve personnel, will be deployed across the city. The personnel will be manning areas near lakes where Ganesha idol immersion is scheduled to take place, starting Monday evening.
The personnel will be deployed at Ulsoor Lake, Sankey Tank, Yediyur Lake and Hebbal Lake where immersions normally take place every year.
Close Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras have been installed near the lakes and the crowds will be closely monitored by the city police from a control room in real time. CCTVs have also been installed at sensitive areas across the city to ensure that the law and order mechanism does not break down.
Similar measures are being taken in Mumbai, as the police top brass of the city have received an alert from the Intelligence Bureau ahead of Ganesha Chaturthi celebrations about the megalopolis being targeted by terror elements.
Bangalore police too are on their toes, especially after the April 17 blast near Kadu Malleswara Temple next to the BJP office in Malleswaram on April 17, ahead of the state assembly elections this year
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video