Vote for India`s development, says Narendra Modi at Mangalore rally
Zee Media Bureau/Manisha Singh
Mangalore: Addressing a rally here, Gujarat Chief Minister and BJP`s prime ministerial candidate for 2014 Lok Sabha polls, Narendra Modi slammed the Congress for ruining the country and said that they were intolerant to criticism.
“Congress has ruined the country. They cannot tolerate if people ask them questions,” Modi said, adding, “They misuse institutions and when someone asks questions to the Congress, they get them jailed.”
“Efforts are on to target Karnataka BJP leaders too. We need to understand the lies of the Congress, their slogans and their promises,” he further said.
Modi also attacked the government at Centre over the issue of corruption and called them the root of corruption. He said that even the Supreme Court had rebuked the Congress party but they were not bothered about it.
Talking about the requirements of the region, Modi said that those places on the coast were strong as it gave them an opportunity for positioning. But this needed a vision, he maintained.
“There are no fixed solutions. Each state and region have different requirements and we need to keep that in mind while deciding policy,” the Gujarat CM said.
“We need to think beyond port development. We need to think about port led development,” he added, saying, “There is a global market for fish everywhere in the world. Why can`t we make state of art fish harbours. This will help fishermen.”
Modi appealed to the people saying, “I am asking for your vote for India`s development.”
Earlier in the day, attending a rally in Davangere, Modi hit out at Congress for the "pain inflicted" on the people of Andhra Pradesh due to the Telangana issue and said Sonia Gandhi and her son Rahul don`t have time to visit them even for a "healing touch".
"Two days ago Congress` mahanubhav (Rahul Gandhi) had come to Karnataka, Congress president was also in South - I`m surprised that both madam Sonia and Rahul are coming to south, but both don`t have time to visit neighboring Andhra Pradesh," Modi told a `Bharata Gellisi` rally here, PTI reported.
Reminding that Congress` victory in Andhra Pradesh helped it in form the government at the Centre in 2009, Modi said, "... Today when Andhra Pradesh people are in trouble, Congress leaders are not in a mood to speak to them... Congress is in such a state that they are not bothered about people`s emotions and sufferings," he added.
Taking on Rahul over his pet theme of women empowerment, Modi said, "This mahanubhav had come here (Karnataka) and expressed his worries for women. If you are so much worried about women, bring down inflation so that our mothers and sisters are relieved."
"Democracy has four enemies - dynasty, casteism, communalism and opportunism. Congress has all four in them," Modi said.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video