Want to join BJP to make Narendra Modi PM: Yeddyurappa
Zee Media Bureau
Bangalore: Karnataka Janata Paksha (KJP) chief BS Yeddyurappa on Monday said that people in Karnataka want him to re-join the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
Speaking to the reporters, the former Karnataka chief minister said that wherever he goes in the state people tell him to join the BJP and help in making Gujarat Chief Minsiter Narendra Modi the prime minister.
Signalling the end of his political outfit KJP, which was formed after he resigned as a Member of Legislative Assembly of BJP on 30 November 2012, Yeddyurappa said that there is no point in asking about the future of the KJP because the party is going to merge with the BJP.
Yeddyurappa, who quit the BJP after he was forced to resign as chief minister by the party leadership following indictment for corruption in a Lokayukta report on illegal mining, today said that past incidents should be forgotten and he wants to work on the merger of the KJP and the BJP.
Karnataka BJP president Prahlad Joshi, last week, said the ball is in party national President Rajnath Singh`s court in the matter of deciding on return of former Chief Minister Yeddyurappa back into the party fold.
Gowda, who succeeded Yeddyurappa in August 2011 as chief minister, is among the Karnataka BJP leaders who have been lobbying with the party central leadership for early return of the former leader into the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you