Want to join BJP to make Narendra Modi PM: Yeddyurappa
Zee Media Bureau
Bangalore: Karnataka Janata Paksha (KJP) chief BS Yeddyurappa on Monday said that people in Karnataka want him to re-join the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
Speaking to the reporters, the former Karnataka chief minister said that wherever he goes in the state people tell him to join the BJP and help in making Gujarat Chief Minsiter Narendra Modi the prime minister.
Signalling the end of his political outfit KJP, which was formed after he resigned as a Member of Legislative Assembly of BJP on 30 November 2012, Yeddyurappa said that there is no point in asking about the future of the KJP because the party is going to merge with the BJP.
Yeddyurappa, who quit the BJP after he was forced to resign as chief minister by the party leadership following indictment for corruption in a Lokayukta report on illegal mining, today said that past incidents should be forgotten and he wants to work on the merger of the KJP and the BJP.
Karnataka BJP president Prahlad Joshi, last week, said the ball is in party national President Rajnath Singh`s court in the matter of deciding on return of former Chief Minister Yeddyurappa back into the party fold.
Gowda, who succeeded Yeddyurappa in August 2011 as chief minister, is among the Karnataka BJP leaders who have been lobbying with the party central leadership for early return of the former leader into the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi