Want to join BJP to make Narendra Modi PM: Yeddyurappa
Zee Media Bureau
Bangalore: Karnataka Janata Paksha (KJP) chief BS Yeddyurappa on Monday said that people in Karnataka want him to re-join the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
Speaking to the reporters, the former Karnataka chief minister said that wherever he goes in the state people tell him to join the BJP and help in making Gujarat Chief Minsiter Narendra Modi the prime minister.
Signalling the end of his political outfit KJP, which was formed after he resigned as a Member of Legislative Assembly of BJP on 30 November 2012, Yeddyurappa said that there is no point in asking about the future of the KJP because the party is going to merge with the BJP.
Yeddyurappa, who quit the BJP after he was forced to resign as chief minister by the party leadership following indictment for corruption in a Lokayukta report on illegal mining, today said that past incidents should be forgotten and he wants to work on the merger of the KJP and the BJP.
Karnataka BJP president Prahlad Joshi, last week, said the ball is in party national President Rajnath Singh`s court in the matter of deciding on return of former Chief Minister Yeddyurappa back into the party fold.
Gowda, who succeeded Yeddyurappa in August 2011 as chief minister, is among the Karnataka BJP leaders who have been lobbying with the party central leadership for early return of the former leader into the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'