`Why did BJP not take action against Bangaru?`
Bangalore: Taking a swipe at BJP on the
corruption issue, Digvijay Singh on Friday asked why the party had
not taken action against Bangaru Laxman under the Prevention
of Corruption Act when he was caught accepting money on tape
and members of NDA allies who faced charges of malpractices.
"Why did not the BJP register a case against Bangaru
Laxman under the Prevention of Corruption Act when he was
caught accepting money on tape?" he questioned.
The BJP also failed to register a case against Jaya
Jaitley when she was caught on tape striking an illegal arms
deal in former union Defence Minister`s (George Fernandes)
house, Singh told reporters.
Criticising BJP leader LK Advani`s Jan Chethana Yatra,
Singh said the party`s record on charges of corruption was
"We took action against our allied members who were
involved in corrupt practices or scams," he said.
The UPA government had taken all possible steps under the
leadership of AICC president Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh to check corruption, Singh said.
"The Right to Information Act was brought by us and Money
Laundering Act was made stringent by us," he said.
"I have always been saying from day one that this (Team
Anna`s fight against corruption) is a part of an overall plan
of RSS-BJP combine to divert the attention from Sangh`s
involvement in Malegaon, Hyderabad, Ajmer Sharif and Samjhauta
Express blasts," the AICC General Secretary said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town