Wife using my children as puppets, charges Pascal
Bangalore: French Consulate official Pascal Mazurier, accused of raping his minor daughter, on Sunday charged his wife with using his children as `puppets` and isolating them from him for fear she would be exposed of levelling false allegations against him.
"My children are being used as puppets. It is like a strategy. She (Suja) is scared of they (children) might come and say what they feel, what they want and what they need... So what are the reasons to keep my children hidden?," he told reporters here.
Pascal said there is no court order restraining him and his parents from meeting the children. "So on what basis are my children are being isolated," he asked.
He said no French official has seen the children and doubted if they reside in Bangalore city. "Don`t my children have the right to speak and express their feelings?"
Accusing some organisations of interfering in the administration of justice, he said he has full faith in the Indian police and the judiciary. "My humble prayer is to let them work properly."
"...I am a good father and I have not committed any wrong," Pascal, who on January 11 filed an application before the Family Court to permit him and his parents to visit his children, said.
On December 23, 2012, he had met Additional Commissioner of Police (Law and Order) T Suneel Kumar to ensure he be allowed to meet the children as he and his mother wished to greet them on Christmas and give them gifts.
Pascal`s petition seeking quashing of the case is pending before the High Court.
Pascal, Consular Attache to the Consulate General of France here, was arrested on June 19, 2012 on a complaint by his wife alleging that he had raped their three-and-a-half year-old daughter and was chargesheeted on September 17.
The High Court had on October 17 granted him conditional bail, observing that the circumstantial evidence did not "specify" he had committed the offence.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged