Will come out clean, says Yeddyurappa
New Delhi: Minutes after the Supreme Court gave a green signal to the CBI probe against BS Yeddyurappa over his alleged role in the state’s illegal mining scam, the BJP strongman on Friday pledged to come out clean on allegation of corruption levelled against him.
Speaking to reporters, the former chief minister of Karnataka said, “I welcome the decision of the supreme court. However, I want to say that I will come out clean on the allegations of corruption leveled against me and my family.”
The Lingayat community leader has also called a meeting with his supporters at 4.30 pm to dicuss the road ahead in the wake of a shattering ruling passed by the apex court.
Meanwhile, the Congress leadership welcomed the apex court decision, saying that the rule of law prevails.
When asked to react on the Supreme Court ruling, senior Congress leader Salman Khurshid said, “I welcome the SC order and we consider them valuable.”
“The Supreme Court order is final and needs to be respected,” he stated, while making an indirect reference to the main opposition BJP, which appears to be in a fix after the renewed demands made by his supporters to reinstate him as the state’s chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Leander Paes-Martina Hingis, Sania Mirza-Ivan Dodig pairs ease into 2016 French Open pre-quarters
- Nifty ends May F&O series above 8,000-mark, up 135 points
- Zlatan Ibrahamovic praises Jose Mourinho but refuses to name next club
- Learn in 5 steps to make easy money on YouTube!
- Monaco Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton fastest in practice after drain cover drama