Will come out clean, says Yeddyurappa
New Delhi: Minutes after the Supreme Court gave a green signal to the CBI probe against BS Yeddyurappa over his alleged role in the state’s illegal mining scam, the BJP strongman on Friday pledged to come out clean on allegation of corruption levelled against him.
Speaking to reporters, the former chief minister of Karnataka said, “I welcome the decision of the supreme court. However, I want to say that I will come out clean on the allegations of corruption leveled against me and my family.”
The Lingayat community leader has also called a meeting with his supporters at 4.30 pm to dicuss the road ahead in the wake of a shattering ruling passed by the apex court.
Meanwhile, the Congress leadership welcomed the apex court decision, saying that the rule of law prevails.
When asked to react on the Supreme Court ruling, senior Congress leader Salman Khurshid said, “I welcome the SC order and we consider them valuable.”
“The Supreme Court order is final and needs to be respected,” he stated, while making an indirect reference to the main opposition BJP, which appears to be in a fix after the renewed demands made by his supporters to reinstate him as the state’s chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble