Will come out clean, says Yeddyurappa
New Delhi: Minutes after the Supreme Court gave a green signal to the CBI probe against BS Yeddyurappa over his alleged role in the state’s illegal mining scam, the BJP strongman on Friday pledged to come out clean on allegation of corruption levelled against him.
Speaking to reporters, the former chief minister of Karnataka said, “I welcome the decision of the supreme court. However, I want to say that I will come out clean on the allegations of corruption leveled against me and my family.”
The Lingayat community leader has also called a meeting with his supporters at 4.30 pm to dicuss the road ahead in the wake of a shattering ruling passed by the apex court.
Meanwhile, the Congress leadership welcomed the apex court decision, saying that the rule of law prevails.
When asked to react on the Supreme Court ruling, senior Congress leader Salman Khurshid said, “I welcome the SC order and we consider them valuable.”
“The Supreme Court order is final and needs to be respected,” he stated, while making an indirect reference to the main opposition BJP, which appears to be in a fix after the renewed demands made by his supporters to reinstate him as the state’s chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights