Will Narendra Modi magic work for BJP in Karnataka?
Zee Media Bureau/Supriya Jha
Bangalore: With eyes stuck on General Elections 2014 and hoping to win back the Kannadigas’ confidence for the BJP, the opposition party’s PM candidate Narendra Modi will begin a blitz of rallies in the state from November 16.
Speaking to the reporters after BJP’s Political Affairs Committee meeting, state party president Prahlad Joshi said that Modi will address nine rallies within two months.
Rs 10 will be charged as the entrance fee for each person and over five lakh people are expected to attend the rally at Bangalore, he added.
The BJP is banking on Modi for restoring the people’s confidence in the BJP in Karnataka again.
The saffron party lost the Karnataka assembly polls earlier this year when Congress stormed to power.
Meanwhile, Modi, today shared the dais with LK Advani at the inauguration of Institute of Infrastructure, Research and Management (IIT RAM) in Ahmedabad where the BJP veteran praised the Gujarat CM saying "I will be proud if Modi becomes the next prime minister of the country".
Advani had earlier diapproved of Modi’s nomination as BJP’s PM candidate and had also stayed away from the Parliamentary Board meeting in Delhi when the decision on Modi was taken.
Referring to Modi`s proposed rally in Bihar, BJP general secretary Ananth Kumar said that the Gujarat Chief Minister would address it at Patna`s historical Gandhi Maidan from where Jayprakash Narayan had launched the (JP) movement against the Indira Gandhi Government.
"We expect that the maidan would be filled after a gap of 35 years," he added.
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH