‘Will not hesitate to cut tongues of those trying to divide Karnataka’
Shimoga (Karnataka): In a controversial comment, Deputy Chief Minister K S Eshwarappa said BJP would not hesitate to severe the tongues of those who try to divide the state on the basis of religion and caste.
"My party will cut the tongues of those who indulge in fissiparous activities, including division of the state on religion and caste basis," he said at a function organised by the Maratha community here.
Eshwarappa said divisive politics is a bad precedent which disturbs the harmony of the state and stymies its growth.
He hailed the contributions of Chatrapathi Shivaji and described him as a great national leader who helped unify society.
Shivaji was founder of the Maratha Empire, which lasted until 1818. He created an independent Maratha kingdom with Raigad as capital and was crowned ‘chatrapati’ of the Marathas in 1674.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?