‘Will not hesitate to cut tongues of those trying to divide Karnataka’
Shimoga (Karnataka): In a controversial comment, Deputy Chief Minister K S Eshwarappa said BJP would not hesitate to severe the tongues of those who try to divide the state on the basis of religion and caste.
"My party will cut the tongues of those who indulge in fissiparous activities, including division of the state on religion and caste basis," he said at a function organised by the Maratha community here.
Eshwarappa said divisive politics is a bad precedent which disturbs the harmony of the state and stymies its growth.
He hailed the contributions of Chatrapathi Shivaji and described him as a great national leader who helped unify society.
Shivaji was founder of the Maratha Empire, which lasted until 1818. He created an independent Maratha kingdom with Raigad as capital and was crowned ‘chatrapati’ of the Marathas in 1674.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt