Will quit BJP by December: BS Yeddyurappa
Bangalore: Agitated after being neglected by the top brass after his ouster as Chief Minister, Karnataka BJP strongman BS Yeddyurappa on Wednesday said he would quit the party by December.
"My thinking is clear. I will not remain in BJP by this December. I will decide whether to float a new political party or join other outfits after consulting my confidiants", he told reporters on the sidelines of a function at Anekal, about 40 kms away from here.
"It is 100 per cent sure that I will come out of this party", Yeddyurappa who has already announced his exit from the saffron party accusing the central leadership of "betraying" him on their assurance of making him the state unit president said.
Yeddyurappa has been visiting parts of the state as part of his preparations to launch a regional party.
He has also declared that he would not topple the BJP government led by Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara