Will quit BJP by December: BS Yeddyurappa
Bangalore: Agitated after being neglected by the top brass after his ouster as Chief Minister, Karnataka BJP strongman BS Yeddyurappa on Wednesday said he would quit the party by December.
"My thinking is clear. I will not remain in BJP by this December. I will decide whether to float a new political party or join other outfits after consulting my confidiants", he told reporters on the sidelines of a function at Anekal, about 40 kms away from here.
"It is 100 per cent sure that I will come out of this party", Yeddyurappa who has already announced his exit from the saffron party accusing the central leadership of "betraying" him on their assurance of making him the state unit president said.
Yeddyurappa has been visiting parts of the state as part of his preparations to launch a regional party.
He has also declared that he would not topple the BJP government led by Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video