Will quit BJP by December: BS Yeddyurappa
Bangalore: Agitated after being neglected by the top brass after his ouster as Chief Minister, Karnataka BJP strongman BS Yeddyurappa on Wednesday said he would quit the party by December.
"My thinking is clear. I will not remain in BJP by this December. I will decide whether to float a new political party or join other outfits after consulting my confidiants", he told reporters on the sidelines of a function at Anekal, about 40 kms away from here.
"It is 100 per cent sure that I will come out of this party", Yeddyurappa who has already announced his exit from the saffron party accusing the central leadership of "betraying" him on their assurance of making him the state unit president said.
Yeddyurappa has been visiting parts of the state as part of his preparations to launch a regional party.
He has also declared that he would not topple the BJP government led by Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it