Will resign from BJP by month end, says Yeddyurappa
Kunigal: Stating that he would resign as BJP legislator from the assembly by the month end, former Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa on Thursday said he would focus on building his new party.
"By month end I will tender my resignation as BJP legislator in the state assembly and focus on building my new party," he told reporters after worshipping at Yedyur Siddalingeshwarswamy Temple here.
Yeddyurappa said BJP ministers and MPs need not attend his rally at Haveri, but interested legislators could attend it.
"Whoever attends Haveri meeting or not, I will go head with launching my party," he said.
Yeddyurappa said he would not attend the assembly session commencing at Belgaum from December five.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics