Will resign from BJP by month end, says Yeddyurappa
Kunigal: Stating that he would resign as BJP legislator from the assembly by the month end, former Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa on Thursday said he would focus on building his new party.
"By month end I will tender my resignation as BJP legislator in the state assembly and focus on building my new party," he told reporters after worshipping at Yedyur Siddalingeshwarswamy Temple here.
Yeddyurappa said BJP ministers and MPs need not attend his rally at Haveri, but interested legislators could attend it.
"Whoever attends Haveri meeting or not, I will go head with launching my party," he said.
Yeddyurappa said he would not attend the assembly session commencing at Belgaum from December five.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog