Will resign from BJP by month end, says Yeddyurappa
Kunigal: Stating that he would resign as BJP legislator from the assembly by the month end, former Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa on Thursday said he would focus on building his new party.
"By month end I will tender my resignation as BJP legislator in the state assembly and focus on building my new party," he told reporters after worshipping at Yedyur Siddalingeshwarswamy Temple here.
Yeddyurappa said BJP ministers and MPs need not attend his rally at Haveri, but interested legislators could attend it.
"Whoever attends Haveri meeting or not, I will go head with launching my party," he said.
Yeddyurappa said he would not attend the assembly session commencing at Belgaum from December five.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire