Will resign from BJP by month end, says Yeddyurappa
Kunigal: Stating that he would resign as BJP legislator from the assembly by the month end, former Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa on Thursday said he would focus on building his new party.
"By month end I will tender my resignation as BJP legislator in the state assembly and focus on building my new party," he told reporters after worshipping at Yedyur Siddalingeshwarswamy Temple here.
Yeddyurappa said BJP ministers and MPs need not attend his rally at Haveri, but interested legislators could attend it.
"Whoever attends Haveri meeting or not, I will go head with launching my party," he said.
Yeddyurappa said he would not attend the assembly session commencing at Belgaum from December five.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test: Cook, Root tons help hosts post 314/4 on Day 1
- Low-cost cancer treatment should be priority: NITI Aayog CEO
- SC orders medical board in abnormal foetus case
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media