Will take poll sanyas if relation with JDS proved: Sadananda
Hassan: Irked over reports that he might join JDS, former Chief Minister Sadananda Gowda on Sunday said he would take "political sanyas" if KJP President BS Yeddyurappa proved he had forged a relation with the party led by former Prime Minister HD Deve Gowda.
"I will take political sanyas if Yeddyurappa proves I have forged a relation with the JDS supremo-led party. He has been misleading people through his remarks after he took over as then Chief Minister and continues to do so. This is one such remark," he said.
Gowda also rubbished KJP secretary V Dhananjaya Kumar`s remarks that he may join JDS.
Kumar had stated on February 17 that Gowda has been "neglected" in the ruling BJP and in all likelihood would join JDS which would help his party (KJP) gain electoral benefits in the assembly elections, due in May.
To a query, Gowda said the BJP central leadership would decide on appointing the state BJP president.
Reacting to question on some MLAs and ministers leaving the BJP, Gowda said it was their personal decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video