Will take poll sanyas if relation with JDS proved: Sadananda
Hassan: Irked over reports that he might join JDS, former Chief Minister Sadananda Gowda on Sunday said he would take "political sanyas" if KJP President BS Yeddyurappa proved he had forged a relation with the party led by former Prime Minister HD Deve Gowda.
"I will take political sanyas if Yeddyurappa proves I have forged a relation with the JDS supremo-led party. He has been misleading people through his remarks after he took over as then Chief Minister and continues to do so. This is one such remark," he said.
Gowda also rubbished KJP secretary V Dhananjaya Kumar`s remarks that he may join JDS.
Kumar had stated on February 17 that Gowda has been "neglected" in the ruling BJP and in all likelihood would join JDS which would help his party (KJP) gain electoral benefits in the assembly elections, due in May.
To a query, Gowda said the BJP central leadership would decide on appointing the state BJP president.
Reacting to question on some MLAs and ministers leaving the BJP, Gowda said it was their personal decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali