Will take poll sanyas if relation with JDS proved: Sadananda
Hassan: Irked over reports that he might join JDS, former Chief Minister Sadananda Gowda on Sunday said he would take "political sanyas" if KJP President BS Yeddyurappa proved he had forged a relation with the party led by former Prime Minister HD Deve Gowda.
"I will take political sanyas if Yeddyurappa proves I have forged a relation with the JDS supremo-led party. He has been misleading people through his remarks after he took over as then Chief Minister and continues to do so. This is one such remark," he said.
Gowda also rubbished KJP secretary V Dhananjaya Kumar`s remarks that he may join JDS.
Kumar had stated on February 17 that Gowda has been "neglected" in the ruling BJP and in all likelihood would join JDS which would help his party (KJP) gain electoral benefits in the assembly elections, due in May.
To a query, Gowda said the BJP central leadership would decide on appointing the state BJP president.
Reacting to question on some MLAs and ministers leaving the BJP, Gowda said it was their personal decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack